Monday, May 9, 2011

Layered thick and deep with all this squash-like pulp...Mango!

I keep forgetting to buy the swiss miss exfoliator I usually use, I rarely remember to get things I need until I'm in need of them. So I was in the shower today and I realize I have no scrubby scrub and there are these little bumps on the back of my arms and they only go away with exfoliator, so I'm bummed...
I get over it, and out of the shower, throw on some clothing, and go to the kitchen. I decided its a good day for sitting outside and having lunch, so I start cutting up this mango, which I now know is called the 'King of Fruits.' So I start butchering into it and to be honest the little guy is a rather intimidating advisary, how does one slice this thing up clean?? I get to the seed, and all of the sudden I'm off on a tagent...

  Holy shit, this seed is fckng huge! I wonder how they cut the mangos that end up in all those packages of diced frozen fruit?! How do you get around this thing? machine or a lot of manual labor? the latter gives me hope, maybe blue collar jobs can exist in the future..





So I start cleaning off this seed and it is a mission, it's layered thick and deep with all this soft yellow squash-like pulp. I get down close to being able to see the actual hard part of the seed and I see all these little grainy dots on it... As I'm cleaning the seed I'm handling it like a bar of soap (don't ask me why because I don't fckng know) and so I massage this thing between my hand for a while (until I decide I've had enough of getting side-tracked from the initial plan of having a nice lunch outside) I put the soap seed down, only to discover my hands are soft as fck!

So I do a little research and low and behold, the seed inside this little mango can be used as an exfoliant once you clean it off, you can rub it all over you body while you're in the shower and feel silky smooth after....The mango has a multitude of other uses too, the site below lists a lot of interesting facts... or facts that I found interesting haha...

http://www.freshmangoes.com/factsmyths.html

It doesn't mention the seed as an exfoliant,  but other sources do.. the particular site gives a broader overview than others.

No comments: